Wednesday, December 22, 2010

she's b-a-a-ck

It's almost the New Year again, and I have been exceedingly remiss in feeding the blog. Rather than try to update my dear reader (?) with all the events in My Blogging Vacation, I'm just going to dive in with a bit of navel gazing. Maybe that's what this blog will become, since I lack the writing talent of, say, Charlotte Hilton Anderson.

As of yesterday morning, I weigh 150.0. That's about 7 pounds less than my max weight in 2010. I've lost about 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which sounds like slow progress but isn't so bad considering (a) it's the holidays, (b) I've been gaining strength at the gym, and (c) I don't have too many more pounds of fat to lose. (I can see the 4-pack of abs immediately under my sternum. Based on past experience, this probably means I'm about 16%-17% BF.)

My goal is to be 140 and about 14% BF by Feb 17. Why Feb 17? That's the day we leave for 2 weeks in Hawaii. Going to Hawaii in anything but top shape seems like a crime, because there's so many fun outdoors things to do: trails to hike, beaches to run, rivers and bays to paddle, waves to jump, canyons to explore, even kites to fly. I'm also vain, and I want to look good in a bathing suit. (I'm not afraid to admit it!) And, there's nothing worse than looking at old vacation pictures and cringing. I have plenty of cringe-worthy pictures as it is, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment