Monday, March 8, 2010

weekend workouts

Photo by davidzondy.com

I haven't been using this blog as a space to record my workouts, because (a) I don't take my laptop to the gym, and (b) reading about *other people's* workouts is about as exciting as watching glaciers calve.* But, it seems I've been lax in posting about other stuff, so ....

Saturday: CF-inspired squat, dip, and pullup extravaganza for time (21' and some change)
  • 10 squats @ 65 lbs
  • 3 pullups
  • 6 dips
  • 15 squats
  • 6 pullups
  • 12 dips
  • 20 squats
  • 9 pullups
  • 18 dips
  • 15 squats
  • 6 pullups
  • 12 dips
  • 10 squats
  • 3 pullups
  • 9 dips (yeah, I know, I broke the pattern)
Pullups were definitely the weak link, not that this is a surprise. Not being the brightest tool in the shed, I had done 15 pullups as part of my warmup, bringing my pullup total for the day to 49. Should have just done one more for an even 50!

Sunday: CF "Helen"

Buy in: 2 rounds of CF warmup, minus pullups.
  • 3 rds for time (13'38")
  • row 400m
  • 15 DB swings @ 35
  • 10 pullups. after rows and swings, I had to do these assisted. Started at 40 'lbs assist, by end was struggling at 100 lbs. assist. Pathetic.
Cash out: 45 minutes of pool play with DH and The Boy. Swimsuit barely fits over my ass.

b. strong //

*This may not be the best analogy. Tourists in AK pay exorbitant money to take boat tours of glaciers, with the hope of seeing them calve. I suppose it is kind of exciting, especially if the reference point is a John Deere show at the local 4H club. But it's ice. Melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment