Friday, February 5, 2010

early am marketing snafus

I'm usually up by 5 or 5:30 am. It's a good time to answer e-mail, drink my coffee in peace, read a novel, and otherwise wind up for the day. It's also a good time to ridicule low-budget marketing efforts to sell people workout videos and equipment that they don't need. Well, they may need *something*, just not the product o' the day.

Anywhoo, this morning's TV lineup included "sexy abs", "secrets to a flat tummy," "lose weight fast!", "10 minute abs", "9 minute abs", "8 1/2 minute abs", and "Brazil butt lift." Brazil butt lift? I know regions can have armpits in common parlance: Wasilla was known as the armpit of Alaska well before Palin solidified its reputation nationally, Milpitas is the armpit of the Bay Area, etc. But I've never heard of a country having a butt.

Assuming that Brazil has a butt, why would I want to lift it? Crack it, maybe, but lift it?

And, I dunno about you, but I'd be kinda embarrassed to have a DVD on my shelf with the title of "Brazil butt lift." It's hard enough to find time to clean the house before my work colleagues come over, let alone remember to purge the DVD collection of Brazilian butt lifts.

be strong //

No comments:

Post a Comment