Monday, January 25, 2010

stuck and unstuck

Unstuck: the snow that was supposed to support The Boy's ski club outing and lessons today. It rained all night, and it's still raining. I hope the club cancels rather than drag the kids -- and parents -- up to the ski hill for a five hour day in the rain and wind and fake snow.

Stuck: my weight. For the past three weeks. I know I shouldn't worry about it. I feel good. If I squint really hard, I can even convince myself that I'm leaner in the face and, um, chest, which usually lead all other body parts in the race to lose fat. (My rear, unfortunately, is always in the rear.) But I can't quite get beyond the number on the scale. And it's not budging.

Why does it bother me so much? And then I get bothered by the fact that it bothers me. And then I obsess even more about my apparent lack of progress, which bothers me even more. To paraphrase Ron Weasley (yes, The Boy and I are reading Harry Potter together): what am I, mental?

be strong //

No comments:

Post a Comment